The Association of Christian Counsellors of Nigeria (ACCNIG) was incorporated in 2008 with the aim to obey the scriptural instruction to administer holistic Christian counselling to all seeking persons, God’s way. The field of counselling is as diverse as human needs and challenges are.
We are poised to harness the available resources to us to confront the issue of counselling in Nigeria. While we try our best at care-giving, we will not relent in our bid to raise a team of dedicated professionals who would be relied upon to network with one another to create awareness and engage in the work of Christian counselling around the country.
To this effect, trained professionals, Pastors and trained Christian counsellors and professional counsellors with Christian persuasion would be engaged for this great task. We will fully engage ourselves in training and retraining through seminars, workshops and conferences till our aims, visions and objectives are achieved in the long term.
- The aim of this association is to create a platform of Interaction/Networking for empowerment and capacity building for individual, groups, and national counselling interventions.
- To promote Healthy living through Bible-based guidance and counselling.
- To undertake / assist in the process of Rehabilitation of traumatized / challenged persons.
- The ACCNIG is committed to assisting Christian counsellors as well as everyone involved in Biblical care-giving; including Pastors, Licensed professionals, willing church members with little or no formal training in Christian counselling, Lay pastoral care-givers and Professional clinicians with Biblical truths and psycho-social insights that help hurting/challenged persons move to personal wholeness, interpersonal competence, mental stability and spiritual maturity.
- The ACCNIG is committed to helping the church equip God’s people to care for each other and the society at large in the spirit of love.
- This association is committed to honouring the Lord Jesus Christ and helping the Apostles, Prophets, Evangelists, Pastors and Teachers to prepare and disciple God’s people for the work of the ministry so that the body of Christ may be built up until we all reach unity in faith and in the knowledge of the son of God and become mature attaining to the whole measure of the fullness of Christ. (Ephesians 4:11-13).
- We believe that the work of Christian counselling and care-giving could be done Pastorally, Clinically and Professionally. Similarly, there are willing Lay pastoral counsellors who should be supported through appropriate training and mentoring. Hence, we are committed to equipping and educating these willing ones.
- The counselling (helping) ministry is supported by the pastor, the pastoral counsellor and the clinical professional who practice Christian counselling. The ACCNIG is committed to serving this tripartite pillar of the counselling ministry.